An antique, Gothic period architectural openwork fragment with two pointed arches pierced with trefoil and foliate openings and retaining traces of paint. This is a rare late Gothic period blind tracery decoration from a wall panel.
Provenance: Chatsworth House
(Chatsworth, Derbyshire, England, built 1553). Possibly originally from Bolton Abbey (Yorkshire, England, founded 1120). Sold: Sotheby's, London, 5-7 October 2010, Lot 218.
W 8 D 0.5 H 16 in.
See also: AR6564, AR6565, AR6566, AR6567, AR6568, AR6569, AR6570.