Pair of Austrian Export R. Ditmar Glass Hanging Hall Lights
Pair of Austrian Export R. Ditmar Glass Hanging Hall Lights Pair of Austrian Export R. Ditmar Glass Hanging Hall Lights Pair of Austrian Export R. Ditmar Glass Hanging Hall Lights Pair of Austrian Export R. Ditmar Glass Hanging Hall Lights

Pair of Austrian Export R. Ditmar Glass Hanging Hall Lights

Ref: F-40-0007
Friedrich and Karl Rudolf Ditmar, R. (Vienna, founded c. 1839)

Made for the English market in Colonial India, these antique hall lanterns or hundis feature a clear blown glass bell with glass terminal, all suspended by a metal collar, chains and glass smoke cap. Originally used for candles, these fixtures could easily be electrified. Etched mark: R. Ditmar, Wien/ Made in Austria.  

19th century
W 9 D 9 H 13 in.
Pin It
address