A rare, antique cast iron archival library bookcase, yellow painted with adjustable steel shelves. These shelves were used in many libraries, including the Library of Congress and the NY Public Library. This example came from the Denver Public Library which opened in 1910 and was funded by philanthropist Andrew Carnegie. Note: historical photographs of the Library provided by the Western History/Genealogy Department, Denver Public Library.
Snead and Co. Ironworks (Jersey City, NJ)
Early 20th century
Width 70 Depth 17 Height 85.5 inches