A rare, antique cast iron archival library bookcase with adjustable steel shelves. These shelves were used in many libraries, including the Library of Congress and the NY Public Library. This example came from the Denver Public Library which opened in 1910 and was funded by philanthropist Andrew Carnegie. Note: historical photographs of the Library provided by the Western History/Genealogy Department, Denver Public Library.
Snead and Co. Ironworks (Jersey City, NJ)
Width 69.5 Depth 16.75 Height 85.5 inches
Shelves: Depth 8 inches