Made for the English market in Colonial India, this antique hall lantern or hundi features a clear blown glass bell with glass terminal, all suspended by a metal collar, chains and glass smoke cap. Originally used for candles, this light fixture could easily be electrified.
Friedrich and Karl Rudolf Ditmar, R. (Vienna, founded c. 1839)
Etched mark: R. Ditmar, Wien/ Made in Austria.
Width 9 Depth 9 Height 15 in.