This Durand art glass lamp base is crafted in a tall baluster vase shape with a narrow flared neck and base. The blue iridescent glass displays applied threading or spider web decoration. It is open on both ends so it can be mounted as a table lamp.
Attributed to Durand Art Glass
(Vineland, NJ, 1924-31)
The Durands were originally from Baccarat, France where they worked for the renowned Cristalleries de Baccarat before moving to the United States in the late 19th century. Durand Art Glass Shop was established as a division of Vineland Flint Glass Works in 1924. After the closure of the Quezal factory in 1924, many of the former employees were hired by Durand and Quezal's influence can be seen in many of the designs.
Unsigned as usual
Early 20th century
Width 2 Depth 2 Height 8.25 inches