A small, limited edition, vintage, highly polished bronze statue by Edgar Britton of an abstract, intertwined couple, raised on a plinth.
Born in Nebraska, Edgar Britton was a painter, muralist and sculptor. He worked in Iowa with Grant Wood from 1920-24 and then moved to Chicago in 1925, where he worked on various architectural commissions. Due to health reasons he moved to Colorado in 1942 where he remained until his death. Britton taught at the Colorado Springs Fine Art Center and focused mainly on creating sculpture during this period.
Edgar Britton (American, 1901-82)
Cast monogram: EB 12.
Width 6.75 Depth 4.75 Height 8 in.