A small vintage, mid century landscape painting of the historic, rustic Craftsman style Chapel of the Transfiguration in Moose, Wyoming in Grand Teton National Park. The chapel was built in 1925 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
Chapel of the Transfiguration
Marie Dorothy Dolph (American, 1884-1979). Dolph's work is part of the Wyoming State Museum and the painting collection of Franklin D. Roosevelt. She was active in Wyoming and is known for Western scenes, California deserts, wild horses and buffalos.
Signed (lower right): M.D. Dolph; (on reverse) July 3, 1945. T.E. Bell.
Mid 20th century
Width 12.5 Depth 0.75 Height 10.5 inches
Sight: Width 9.5 Height 7.5 inches