A small vintage, mid century landscape painting of the historic, rustic Craftsman style Chapel of the Transfiguration in Moose, Wyoming in Grand Teton National Park. The chapel was built in 1925 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1980. The second painting with a fall landscape and a fence with a mountainous background showing the Teton Range.
(1) Chapel of the Transfiguration
(1) End of the Fence
Marie Dorothy Dolph (American, 1884-1979). Dolph's work is part of the Wyoming State Museum and the painting collection of Franklin D. Roosevelt. She was active in Wyoming and is known for Western scenes, California deserts, wild horses and buffalos.
Signed (lower right): Dolph. Marked (on reverse): From the offices of L.O.S.N.A. Kheta Court 4-2-1962. Chapel of the Transfiguration / Original Painting in Oil / by / M.D. Dolph / Box 1666 / Casper-Wyoming. T.E. Bell. (1) Labeled: End of the Fence
Mid 20th century
(2) Width 6.25 Depth 0.75 Height 5.25 inches