A vintage Durand glass conical lamp shade with restrained scalloped rim, decorated in the King Tut pattern in iridescent gold with a swirling, coiled green pattern.
PLACE OF ORIGIN
Attributed to Durand Art Glass
(Vineland, NJ, 1924-31) | Founder: Victor Durand Jr. (French-American, 1870-1931)
The Durands were originally from Baccarat, France where they worked for the renowned Cristalleries de Baccarat before moving to the United States in the late 19th century. Durand Art Glass Shop was established as a division of Vineland Flint Glass Works in 1924. After the closure of the Quezal factory in 1924, many of the former employees were hired by Durand and Quezal's influence can be seen in many of the designs.
Early 20th century
Width 6 Depth 6 Height 8.5 inches
Base: 4 inches