An antique, bell-shaped, scalloped edge lamp shade by Durand decorated with variegated gold-blue heart-shaped leaves and applied gold threading on white glass.
Attributed to Durand Art Glass (Vineland, NJ, 1924-31)
The Durands were originally from Baccarat, France where they worked for the renowned Cristalleries de Baccarat before moving to the United States in the late 19th century. Durand Art Glass Shop was established as a division of Vineland Flint Glass Works in 1924. After the closure of the Quezal factory in 1924, many of the former employees were hired by Durand and Quezal's influence can be seen in many of the designs.
Unsigned as usual.
Early 20th century
Width 7.5 Depth 7.5 Height 10 inches
Fitter: Width 3.125 inches
Note: flake on fitter.