This original Art Nouveau Durand art glass lamp displays an iridescent blue, ruffle edge shade in the shape of a bowl. It is electrified with a single light and mounted on a bronze base.
PLACE OF ORIGIN
Attributed to Durand Art Glass
(Vineland, New Jersey, 1924-31) | Founder: Victor Durand Jr. (French-American, 1870-1931)
The Durands were originally from Baccarat, France where they worked for the renowned Cristalleries de Baccarat before moving to the United States in the late 19th century. Durand Art Glass Shop was established as a division of Vineland Flint Glass Works in 1924. After the closure of the Quezal factory in 1924, many of the former employees were hired by Durand and Quezal's influence can be seen in many of the designs.
Unsigned as usual
Early 20th century
Width 7 Depth 7 Height 7 inches
Shade: Width 7 Depth 7 Height 4 inches