An antique soft paste porcelain, scalloped edge plate hand painted with an exotic bird in the center surrounded by floral garlands and Mazarine blue reserves with gilt butterflies, moths and insects.
From the Mecklenburg Service. See the The Royal Trust Collection
for similar examples. The service was commissioned by King George III and Queen Charlotte, and presented to her brother, Adolphus Frederick IV, Duke of Mecklenberg-Strelitz in 1763. It was well received and following the success Chelsea released a duplicate set probably in 1764. To distinguish it from the original service, Chelsea created a variant rim with concave edge to the mazarine blue reserve (see Ref: P-57-0012
for an example).
Chelsea Porcelain Factory (Chelsea, England, circa 1744-84. Merged with Derby Porcelain in 1770)
Gold anchor mark (used: 1756–69)
George III (1760-1820) | Mid 18th century
Width 9 Depth 9 Height 1.25 inches
Note: some wear to gilt. (1) chip.