From the former Portuguese colony of Goa, India this pair of antique altar reliquary garnitures are hand crafted with embossed and chased silver applied to a teakwood base. They are replete with scroll, shell and floral motifs around a cartouche shaped frame opening (theca) for the sacred relic.
Circa 1850 and later
Width 9 Depth 8.5 Height 24.5 inches
Note: fitted with later wooden bases.